Posted by Picasa

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Laura



I am starting my second semester lecturing at SEGi College in Subang Jaya, Malaysia. I spent Christmas at home in the US which was awesome, and now I'm back in Malaysia. I had a very eventful trip back to Malaysia; I stayed one night in Atlanta and one night in China. It took me 72 hours to get back!

I have 120 English students this semester, which will be interesting since they will turn in around 20 assignments each! Luckily, staying busy with paper-grading keeps my mind off missing home. . . and Jordan! I teach in an American Degree Program (ADP), which gives the students the opportunity to experience an American-style classroom, grading system, etc. I am also advising a club called Fayette House. Fayette House celebrates all the major American holidays, sells the ADP textbooks, organizes ADP events, and much more! Last week we had a Freshie Party for the incoming Freshmen and today we did a joint event to celebrate MLK Day and Obama's Inaguration.

Living out of the country continues to be overwhelming and stressful at times, but God has blessed me with so many people here, who help me out everyday! I couldn't ask for better students, co-workers, neighbors, friends, and a God who continues to teach and show me new things everyday.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment