Posted by Picasa

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Laura

Well, I feel like I need to do an update, but I don't feel like I have that much to talk about! Here in Malaysia, it's just the same old, same old!

My mom and Katelyn are coming THIS weekend, which is VERY exciting! Their visit has given me something to look forward to since I came back here after Christmas and I can't believe they're almost here! Time really does fly by! It's been really fun to get everything ready for their visit, plan our days together, and write down everything I want to show them/feed them/take them/etc.

This weekend was really fun. I found some new American friends in my apartment building! I used to be the only American in the building, so it is so exciting to have them closeby. I went to church with them on Sunday, where they introduced me to new friends! I'm always amazed at how exactly when I need it the most, God sends me someone to bring me the exact encouragement I need!

Monday we had the day off from school for Muhammad's birthday. One of my good friends from work, Francis, invited me on a picnic with him, his wife, and their daughter. However, it rained ALL day, so they brought the picnic to my apartment! We ate and then spent the day at the mall. I watched Mary Anne, while Francis and his wife went to the movies. I had so much fun trying to keep up with Mary Anne (she's three years old) and listening to all the funny things she had to say. It was so nice to be able to spend the day with such a wonderful family.



Shieu Ye, Mary Anne, and I at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment